Cinnamon, what benefits to the body
Fragrant and aromatic, the cinnamon Is one of the most widely used spices in cooking. When used in sweet preparations, it immediately imparts a unique, slightly spicy flavor and intoxicating fragrance. It is also an excellent natural supplement with many properties.
Cinnamon, the spice with many properties
Not only that, this spice also has numerous properties, including that:
- Anti-inflammatory, as it can be taken to relieve cramps and menstrual pain;
- digestive, as it aids digestion and helps combat discomfort such as bloating and nausea;
- antioxidant: being rich in antioxidants (such as polyphenols, phenolic acid and flavonoids), it is able to counteract the proliferation of free radicals, which are responsible for the onset of cancer. In addition, just the presence of antioxidants, increases brain function and protects against the risk of incurring disorders such as Parkinson’s or Alzheimer’s disease;
- antimicrobial: cinnamon works wonders for the beauty of the skin and is recommended for acne sufferers;
- Cardiovascular: protects heart health and averts the risk of heart disease. In addition, it is useful for keeping cholesterol and triglyceride levels low
- antidiabetic: this spice helps lower blood sugar levels and improve insulin sensitivity. For these very reasons, it is recommended to take it if you suffer from diabetes.
Cinnamon, because it is rich in manganese, also promotes calcium absorption and thus contributes to the proper formation of bones and connective tissue.
An excellent remedy against colds
An excellent remedy for colds, coughs and sore throats is to ingest a teaspoon of honey and cinnamon.
For anyone who wants to lose weight, however, ideal is to prepare a cup of hot water with a tablespoon of honey and cinnamon to drink every morning and every evening.
Before taking cinnamon, it is advisable to consult a doctor: in fact, if you suffer from particular liver and kidney diseases, it is better not to consume it.
Pregnant women should also avoid it, because it stimulates uterine contractions.